Now I know that I’ve seen other blogs do similar posts like this, but of course now that I’m trying to find the posts I can’t for the life of me remember which blogs!… and I am currently crushing on a few things, so I thought I’d give it a try!
1. Needlework, specifically hand embroidery. I am Ob-Sessed! Just last month I made my dad a Big Bang Theory Father’s Day gift, my mom a monogram birthday gift, and my brother/sister in law a going away/moving ‘home sweet home’ gift…ALL hand embroidered! Loving this somewhat newfound craft!!
2. FreshStitches Mystery Crochet-A-Long. I’ve been crocheting for ?(a number of years)? now g thoroughly enjoy it, but don’t often get/make the time to do it. I’m a huge fan of Stacey Trock of Fresh Stitches fame & when I saw she was releasing a new pattern via a mystery CAL on Ravelry, I jumped at the opportunity! So far we’ve only gotten 1 clue and I’ve finished all of those pieces..still unsure about what cute & cuddly creature it will turn out to be, but so far I like it!!
3. Nurses. As Mom has been in ICU for weeks now, we have gotten to know the nursing staff there quite well. (I pay particularly close attention to her in hospital caregivers as I am her full time in home caregiver..and, more importantly, her daughter!) There are varying personalities, different levels of chattiness & info sharing, but one thing that rings true for them all, they are attentive to her needs & kind in their care of her. For that, I am eternally grateful!
4. Long family walks. My husband & I both work long late hours. He in the restaurant & me with Mom. In an interest to save time, we used to walk our pup alone, first one to get home would take the walk that night. Recently we have taken to walking her together, a mile or more, every night, no matter the time, no matter the weather. (Yep, that’s right, we even walk in the rain…and it is spectacular!) I SO look forward to these walks, all day long.
5. My new bracelets. Yeah, small shop plug there, but it’s true! I have worn the prototype for my Argentium Silver Hammered Teardrop Bracelet Every. Single. Day. since making it! And in the interest of total & complete honesty, I’ve never been a big fan of wearing bracelets. I like the look of them, on other people…but I’ve never liked to wear them! (maybe it’s because I inherited my mom’s & grandmother’s little bitty boney wrists..) 🙂 This one, I don’t even want to take off at night. Craziness
6. Mental. The movie. Its stars Toni Collete, Liev Schreiber, Anthony LaPaglia, & introduces some incredible Australian talent. The movie is set in small town Australia & follows a somewhat unconventional family. From there I’m not sure if I can describe it any further without confusing you. ;o) What I can say is that it is unexpectedly hilarious, heart string tuggingly sweet, incredibly endearing, confusing, surprising, and all in all the best movie I’ve seen this year. A must see, in my humble opinion.